- 1/2 C butter
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 C finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 lbs cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C caramel sauce
- 2 whole large eggs (room temp)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temp)
- 1 1/4 C caramel sauce
- fleur de sel
- preheat the oven to 350F,
- In your mixer beat the butter until fluffy
- Add brown sugar and mix well,
- Add flour and mix until a dough forms
- Mix in the nuts
- Spread into 10 inch cheesecake pan, poke holes
- Bake 18 mins
- Let cool.
- Reduce oven to 300 and place baking dish full of hot water on the bottom rack to create moisture (leave this in while baking).
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on med until light and fluffy, about 30-60 sec.
- While beating on low add the caramel sauce
- Scrape the bowl, beat 45 sec more – make sure it’s smooth with no chunks.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and yolks together and add to cream cheese mixture
- Mix on low speed until they are incorporated and the batter is velvety, about 30 sec, scrape the bowl and mix 10 sec more – do NOT overbeat.
- Pour the filling over crust, bake on the center rack about 1 hour +.
- how to tell cheesecake is done – When you open the rack and shift the pan the center 3-4 inches will jiggle – not like soup, like a loose jello jigglers.
- Turn the oven off and crack open the door and let the cake cool then refrigerate overnight.
- The next day pour the rest of the caramel over the top of the cake
- Sprinkle the fleur de sel over the top of the cheesecake, as much or as little (I’m all for MORE is better)