The perfect baked potato recipe for a crispy, golden skin and a fluffy, tender inside. Learn how to make the best baked potatoes every time!
- Russet potato, scrubbed clean and dried
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Arrange baking rack in the middle of the oven. Line a sheet pan with foil and place on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any drippings.
- Prick potatoes using the tines of a fork about 6 to 8 times.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, about 1 tablespoon per potato, and sprinkle with salt. Rub the potato to coat the entire potato with the olive oil and salt. Carefully arrange potatoes directly onto middle oven rack and bake until the exterior is crisp and golden brown and then interior gives easily when carefully squeezed using an oven mitt, about 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, split open with a knife and gently fluff the interior of the potato with a fork. Top with your favorite toppings.