- 1 and 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 carrots, ends removed, roughly chopped (150 – 180 grams)
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey*
- zest of one lemon (optional)
- Line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Place the icing ingredients into your processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined and relatively smooth. You may need to scrape the mixture onto the blades and pulse a few times to achieve the desired consistency. Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Place the cake ingredients into your processor and pulse until completely broken down and sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin. Spoon the icing over the cake and level the top. Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.