- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (vegetarians use veggie broth)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook rinsed quinoa in broth according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a large heavy sauté pan add olive oil to the pan, then the onion, sauté one minute. Add the fennel, celery, and carrots, salt and pepper to taste; cook about 12-15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are soft.
Add the mushrooms to the pan, more salt and pepper if needed and cook, stirring 5 minutes, then cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their juice and are cooked through. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix well.