- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded coconut(desiccated coconut also works well)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil (or peppermint extract)
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Place the shredded coconut and peppermint essential oil into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly on a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 – 60 minutes to set.
- Slice in desired sized pieces and serve. I recommend storing in the freezer to keep it firm.