1 1/4 lbground turkey
1green bell pepper, chopped
1yellow onion, chopped
6 ozturkey pepperoni
1 jar(s)any (red) spaghetti sauce w/garlic
1 cwhole wheat elbow macaroni
1 cwhole wheat penne
1 cwhole wheat rotini
2 1/2 clow-fat mozzarella cheese, separated
16 ozlow-fat cottage cheese
1 tspitalian seasoning
- Brown ground turkey, onion and bell pepper. Add pepperoni and sauce.
- Boil all pastas for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add to meat sauce mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups of mozzarella, the cottage cheese, and Italian Seasoning.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, layer almost ½ of pasta/meat mixture. Then, add a layer of ½ cheese mixture. Add another layer of pasta/meat (make sure to leave enough for a thin third layer). Add a layer of the rest of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining pasta/meat, and sprinkle on the ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.