- 1 (16.25-ounce) package of white cake mix for me I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2ounce) can of flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 3 tbsps Rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together the white cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes then stir in the coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake Bake for 15 to 17 minutes at 350°, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Sprinkle each cake layer evenly with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Chill 2 hours before slicing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW ( > ) FOR THE INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS TO MAKE IT.