- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled, grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated apple (about 1/2 of a large apple) OR 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup grated coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with 10 papers lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl cover the raisins with hot water and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Multi-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Stir in the carrots, apple or pineapple, coconut and nuts.
- in a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla and water. Add to the flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened. Drain the raisins and stir them in.
- Scoop the batter (a scone and muffin scoop works well here) into the prepared wells. They will be nearly full; that’s okay.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and, after 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool.
- Wrap any leftovers airtight and store at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
- Yield: 10 muffins