- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 2 1/2 cups milk (whole is best)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 cups (12 oz) shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded American cheese (or Monterrey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Rinse the pasta well in cold water and drain. Add to crockpot along with milks, cheeses, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine, making sure macaroni is submerged in liquid as much as possible. Dot with cubed butter.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours. Check pasta after 1 hour and stir. Continue cooking and checking periodically. Pasta will be tender and liquid will be thick and creamy when done.